What a whirlwind the first 10 days of June have been. June Magic is happening all over the state of Colorado and I am pleased to be a part of it. June began with one of my favorite events The City Park Alliance Ice Cream Social. I am pleased to have been a part of this annual event for several years now.
Library season kicked of with a bang as The Amazing Elstun’s, me and my partner Connie Elstun, premiered our new show “Magic: Made in America”. June 5th saw us at The temporary location for the Columbine branch of the Jefferson County Library. Later that afternoon we made our way to the Belmar branch. what fun it is to be performing our show in our own neighborhood. Later that evening I performed 3 close up magic shows for the Mile High Magicians Society’s annual show at the Lumber Baron Inn in Denver’s Highland neighborhood. After 5 shows and 2 strait jacket escapes in one day I was exhausted but happy.
Tuesday the 6th saw us heading up to the foothills for a show at the Evergreen Library. Later that afternoon saw us visiting the tiny Edgewater Library. Connie and I agreed that with an intimate setting and a wildly enthusiastic group of families Edgewater was one of our favorite shows.
The 7th brought a change of pace as I visited the summer camp at Welchester Elementary School with my solo show “Instant Insanity Magic”. The “Snake Oil Wild West Magic Show” picked up where it left off last fall as Connie and I headed to The Streets at Southglenn and the Arapahoe County library located there. YeeHaw!
Little did we know it but Dag-Nabbit Rabbit was about to chew through Connie’s microphone cord. I guess that’s why she calls him Dag-Nabbit Rabbit.
Our first trip out of the Denver Metropolitan area came on the 8th as we packed up the car and headed south to the Widefield/Security suburb of Colorado Springs. This small branch hosts one of our largest shows which takes place in the auditorium at Widefield High School. This show too has become an annual event for Connie and I. Our first show for Denver Public Library took place later that afternoon visiting with Mr. Jim at the Ford Warren branch in northeast Denver. What a special treasure DPL has with Mr. Jim. He has genuine energy and enthusiasm for the families in his library.
After so many shows with Connie the first 10 days of June Magic wrapped with a trip back to the future as I helped kick off the inaugural “Buskers, Brews and Barbecue” party for the City of Aurora. Reminiscent of the “Downtown Denver International Buskerfest” several of my street performing friends took to the park near Aurora’s City Hall working for the hat. I was lucky enough to be a part of the Downtown Buskerfest for 11 years and can only hope there is as much success with this festival.
Good news if you missed any of the fun in Jefferson County Connie and I will be returning to these branches in July
- Thurs. July 6th Noon Magic Made in America! Belmar Library 555 S. Allison Pkwy. Lakewood, CO
- Thurs. July 6th 4:00 PM Magic Made in America! Columbine Library 7706 W. Bowles Ave. Littleton, CO
- Tues. July 11th 3:30 PM Magic Made in America! Evergreen Library 5000 Hwy. 73 Evergreen, CO
We have several more Snake Oil Wild West shows scheduled in Arapahoe County.
- Mon. June 22nd 4:30 PM Snake Oil Magic, Fox Crossing 8350 E. Yale Denver, CO 80231
- Wed. June 28th 10:00 AM Snake Oil Magic Byers Library 404 E. Front ST. Byers, CO
- Thurs. June 29th 4:00 PM Snake Oil Magic Smoky Hill Library 5430 s. Biscay Cir., Centennial, CO 80015
- Fri. June 30th 4:00 PM Snake Oil Magic Koelbel Library 5955 Holly St., Centennial, CO 80121
- Mon. July 24th 5:30 PM Snake Oil Magic Arapahoe Library 1471 S. Parker Rd., Denver, CO 80231
- Tues. July 25th 10:30 AM Snake Oil Magic Davies Library 303 3rd Ave. Deer Trail, CO
- Tues. July 25th 2:00 PM Snake Oil Magic Castlewood Library 6739 S. Uinta St. Centennial, CO 80112
- Thurs. July 27th 3:30 PM Snake Oil Magic Sheridan Library 33425 W. Oxford Ave. Sheridan, CO 80236
The Amazing Elstun’s “Magic: Made in America” is available for school assemblies this fall.
To learn more Contact Dave.
Do it Now! Call or Text 720-939-4076
or to Email Click Here.